Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for HFSS Analysis setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi anyone.
I want to know what's the meaning of this message in hfss 11(for a waveguide and a microstrip antenna array this error was occurred!):
Solution setup 'setup1':Given the specified frequency and and model dimensions,an extremely large mesh will be required to produce an accurate solution.Your model and/or frequency units may be set incorrectly.
thanks

I would think that this shows up as a warning and not an error ?

In any case, you check the frequency range you are solving for and the dimensions of your model. You can think of this message as occurring when you solve something like a 100 metre long model at 80 GHz, with a fine mesh everywhere.

Can you post back with the maximum dimension of your design and the solution frequency ?

The solution frequency is 20 GHz and the maximum number of passes is 9 and the maximum delta S is 0.001
The surprising point is that this is an old solved problem!( 20 GHz waveguide combiner) that has been solved with a 128 MB ram at 30 min! But,with my computer(4 GB ram) it's not!! I'm confused!

Last edited:

That is strange.

Is it is the same as this document [ **broken link removed** ] ?

Yes it is!
Help me! plz...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back