Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help finding information for part AL516

Status
Not open for further replies.

TQFP

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to repair a circuit board with a blown AL516 (SOT-23-6 package). I cannot find any references to this part via Internet searching, other than a seemingly similar part (AL815) on Alibaba.

I suspect this is a current-mode DC-DC booster IC based on the circuit, which drives a 7.4VDC motor and charges 7.4VDC battery. The input to the board is 5VDC, but it received 12VDC, hence the blown part.

Anyway, I'm really looking for specifications for the part so I can source a suitable replacement. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Matthew
al516_boost_ic.jpg

That looks absolutely correct, thanks! The bias resistors used in the circuit (30K and 390K) limit the output to 8.4V, which would make sense for the 7.4V motor and battery; and the circuit layout matches the typical-use.

Now I just need to find a few in stock somewhere, or an equivalent part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back