Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: EM Simulator package required for designing magnetic coupling

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterkj93@gmail.com

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am a research student. Now I am working on wireless charger based on coupled magnetic resonance. It is mandatory to simulate the circuit. Can somebody suggest the names of simulating software to measure magnetic coupling (or coupling coefficient). It is urgent.

You can look at CST EM Studio and Ansys Maxwell. I have used both. CST is a bit easier with a shorter learning curve, in my opinion.

As already posted in your other thread: I used ADS Momentum to optimize inductor shapes for wireless power transfer (Qi), and built an ADS Momentum-based inductor synthesis tool for a customer working on Qi.

For visualization of magnetic fields, I also used the ADS FEM solver engine. Not really relevant for optimization, but customers like the colorful field plots.

As already posted in your other thread: I used ADS Momentum to optimize inductor shapes for wireless power transfer (Qi), and built an ADS Momentum-based inductor synthesis tool for a customer working on Qi.

For visualization of magnetic fields, I also used the ADS FEM solver engine. Not really relevant for optimization, but customers like the colorful field plots.

What is the link for this simulator? Any trial versions are available?

I think Maxwell of Ansys is more appropriate for Low Frequency EM problems.(I have never used but it's said..)

You can look at CST EM Studio and Ansys Maxwell. I have used both. CST is a bit easier with a shorter learning curve, in my opinion.

I have arranged a ANSYS student version. Is there any way to get some sample models on inductive/resonant coupling to study with.

Ansys Maxwell for wireless power transfer

I just downloaded a Ansys 18.1 student version (AIM) for my research work related to wireless power transfer. I opened the s/w and choose 'magnetics' icon. Now no tools are coming. How should i start? Every tutorial videos are starting with some pre-designed models. From where I can get geometry files?

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back