Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HELP] Driving a DC Motor using the IR2110 MOSFET Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapidos

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone. I used before the TC4429 to drive my MOSFET so it gives the necessary voltage for the 12V DC Motor. Since I can't find the circuit (costs so much), I've bought the IR2110, and I don't know how to use it. The PWM is given by the PIC16F877. The power comes from a solar panel and I assume the max voltage is 18V. I've written a program that read the analogic voltage from the DC by a voltage divider so the PIC changes the duty cycle and then gives 12V in the output of the MOSFET.

So first, how can I import the IR2110 IC to Proteus ISIS ?
Second, I've tried many schemas with the IR2112 and it doesn't work. I read their datasheets and it seems they're not the same.

Help me please, thanks.

Hi,

Please build a circuit according IR2110 datasheet.
Then test it und tell us what does not work like expected. And please tell us what you expect.

The IR2110 is a very common and reliable device. And it does what it should do.

Klaus

Hi. Thanks for your answer. It actually doesn't work as I expect. If I put a fix duty cycle in the PIC, it works but when the PIC changes it, it goes directly to 0V ...

Hi,

I'm sure the IR2110 works. Please post your schematic, a picture of your circuit and additional information.

Then we may be able to help you.

Klaus

Well actually, I want to simulate it in Proteus ISIS, but there's no IR2110 there, only the IR2112 which is a little bit different if you check the datasheets. My first question is : can you show me how to put that IR2110 into Proteus ISIS ? I got the LTSpice file of IR2110 but I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.