Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help ! - CST MWS port definition error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

svarun

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
In the warm company of God's most exquisite creati
Activity points
cst substrate definition

Hi all,
I am simulating a microstrip line on a mixed air-Silicon substrate. I define wave ports for the two ends. I am getting an error message. " Waveguide for Port number 1 is too short. The waveguide must be homegeneous for atleast three meshplanes in the propagating direction". I have ensured that the substrate is finely meshed to ensure it has atleast 8 cells in the x-direction which is also the direction of propagation. Still theerror keeps popping up. What do I do ? Thanks for your time.

-svarun

port definition in cst

Hi ,

can you post the model here?

F.

mws error

svarun said:
Hi all,
I am simulating a microstrip line on a mixed air-Silicon substrate. I define wave ports for the two ends. I am getting an error message. " Waveguide for Port number 1 is too short. The waveguide must be homegeneous for atleast three meshplanes in the propagating direction". I have ensured that the substrate is finely meshed to ensure it has atleast 8 cells in the x-direction which is also the direction of propagation. Still theerror keeps popping up. What do I do ? Thanks for your time.

-svarun

Hi Svarun!

Is the line homogenous along your 8 cells?
I don't see any other problem...
Cheers
e.

Hi Eirp and RF simulator,
Can you please tell if what I understand by homogenity is correct ? This is what I understand.

Suppose my propagation direction is say x. I basically make three thin slices corresponding to the three cells along the x axis and equal to the extent of the waveguide port in the y-z plane. Then I look at the three slices. They should all be identical meaning they should overlap on each other exactly. Is this right. Please tell if this is correct ?

PS : If this is right then my model doesn't satisfy this and so I cannot simulate it. I have to figure out other ways. Thanks for your time.

-svarun

svarun said:
Can you please tell if what I understand by homogenity is correct ? This is what I understand.

Suppose my propagation direction is say x. I basically make three thin slices corresponding to the three cells along the x axis and equal to the extent of the waveguide port in the y-z plane. Then I look at the three slices. They should all be identical meaning they should overlap on each other exactly. Is this right. Please tell if this is correct ?

PS : If this is right then my model doesn't satisfy this and so I cannot simulate it. I have to figure out other ways. Thanks for your time.

-svarun

Dear friend

Homogenity means that the feeding waveguide is not changing dimensions in transversal direction (in your notation yz) during 3 slices in x (propagation) direction, OK?
I have attached simple picture..
If this doesnt help, please post your project here!

Best regards

eirp

eirp said:
svarun said:

-svarun

Dear friend

Homogenity means that the feeding waveguide is not changing dimensions in transversal direction (in your notation yz) during 3 slices in x (propagation) direction, OK?
I have attached simple picture..
If this doesnt help, please post your project here!

Best regards

eirp

Dear Eirp,
Thanks a lot for your clarifications though especially the picture. I really appreciate you taking your time to draw the illustrations.
-svarun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back