Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help creating a "basic guidance" for a simple craw

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenAce92

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ok first off... here's how I imagine I would try this... using 2 IR LED's from an IR transmitter, I would create a "proximity" guidance, like a digital version of a mechanical feeler with SPDT setup. Although does this mean that I need an IR receiver of some kind? And some little IC chip or something? Ahh... maybe this is harder than I thought.

I'd really like to make this with caps and all kinds of parts, I have a bunch of broken things that I saved. I figure for locomotion I can use 2 broken servos that I have modded for 360 degree rotation and whegs...

Can anybody shed some light?
Here's what I hope to accomplish, avoiding running into objects and falling off of ledges.

Seems like the most basic setup is having an IR led for light input or "infra red signal etc..." and a phototransistor for a detector and then some PIC Microcontroller that would decide what to do with these signals....

So that's where I'm at I guess, working with PIC Micro controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back