Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help-connecting a dipole to FM radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak007

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
japanese fm dipole antenna

hello

i am new to the transmission lines. could any one tell me how i can connect a dipole antenna to the FM radio.i mean, i want to put the antenna on the terrace. which cable(75ohm or 50ohm) should i use.

my reciever is an old NATIONAL PANASONIC TAPE RECORDER, with AM/FM/SW1/SW2 bands.it has a whip.but, it has a provision for dipole antenna.

what is the maximum length of the cable i can use. will the cable have any effect on the working of the radio?please guide me.

Most early sets used a balanced 300 ohm interface.
Twin lead flat cable is used to the antenna.
If there is a coaxial jack, it is probably 75 or 90 ohm.

i have a small doubt.if i connect the antenna to the receiver using a 300ohm ribbon cable,won't the cable act as an antenna itself. will there be any signal loss?

If at all you need an antenna, simply extend your double whip(indoor colour/BW Tv antennas) to terrace as dipole, connect it through cable TV coaxial cable!. If you are in dry area, having a shunting choke across antenna would save your costly receiver from static .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back