Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP!!!Communication hc08 SCI-MAX232-PC is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hc08 max232

Hi people!
I am trying to make a HC908GP32 to communicate with LABView through COM2. I use the MAX232 as an interface but although rs232 transmmits the go word for the uC to initiate the convertion and transmmition of my data, this does not happens.
I noticed that the receiving pin of the uC ( that is RxD) is in HI status when idle ( this normal according to my programming) and the transmmiting one gives a value of 3.9V ( instead of 5V). This condition is unchanged even when MAX232 receives a word from the PC.

I am ready to commit suicide here!!!!!!!
PLEASE HELP IMMEDIATELY

:cry: 8O :? :( :cry:

DK Ace

check your code immediately.there must be some problem with the serial communication portion.you can write methat portion in whch you are initiating the serial comm.
if you are confident of your code then in that case you can try to send data on polling basis and not on interrupt basis as you must be doing.
final word of caution : just ensure proper timer values and enabling of serial comm in scon REGISTER.

check your code immediately.there must be some problem with the serial communication portion.you can write methat portion in whch you are initiating the serial comm.
if you are confident of your code then in that case you can try to send data on polling basis and not on interrupt basis as you must be doing.
final word of caution : just ensure proper timer values and enabling of serial comm in scon REGISTER.

ok, miniyash ,
I have allready done that. The code is ok, the SCI is initiated properly and the timing is also ok. I think that the problem is with the max 232. I found out that it doesn't " talk" to the mc, when RS232 sends a signal. But you never know...
anyway thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.