q0w1e2r3

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: help,common mode voltage swing in fully diffrential opam

hi,everyone
when i'm dealing with the simulation of a fully differential opamp in spectre,a puzzle baffle me.The schemetic and result is as follows.
Common mode voltage selected by me equals 900mV,i use sc common mode feedback and telescope opamp for simplicity.i use this closed feedback(T&H) to achieve doubling the input voltage accurately.the clock is non-overlapping.
When i simulate in spectre i find the diffrence mode volatge doubled ,that's right.
but the common mode voltage swings from 730mV to 900mV.Why?is that becuse of dc offset or something else?how can i overcome it.in addition ,if i cascade series of such circiut as pipeline ADC,is this harmful?(assuming using fully differential opamp and common mode input range is wide enough)

Added after 2 minutes:

It is reasonable. You use a two phase SC CMFB, The common mode range is only correct at one phase

Added after 2 minutes:

Also you should prolong your simulation time.

q0w1e2r3

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thanks a lot
you mean that the SC CMFB is not totally settled in other word unstable.if i prolong the simulation that's OK,is it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…