Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help Choosing DSP Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshakimos6

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I intend to implement a guitar multi effects pedal using DSP. However, I have only seen single effect pedals built using Arduino Uno's and Raspberry Pi's. Are there any suitable boards to use for this project or are there limitations which mean only one effect can be used at a time?

That’s a pretty broad question. There are a lot of things that can limit whatever undefined thing you’re trying to do. Memory. Processing speed. Bit-width. Built-in resources (like multipliers). I don’t think Arduinos are really designed for ‘serious‘ audio processing, maybe look into FPGAs.

Define what you actually want to do, then figure out what resources you’ll need. For instance, a filter is going to require a lot of multiplications. Can your chosen board do that fast enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.