Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help - Building an External Battery Pack for my Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman64

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I need your help. I'm quite rusty not having built anything in over 20 years.

Project: Build a external battery pack which uses AA rechargable batteries to power my camera for use in extreme cold weather (the pack stays warm in my pocket but powers the camera through a cord).

Problem:
I assume that I'll need a resistor in parallel with the camera so as not to fry it with too much current, is this correct and if so how many ohms?

The camera battery that I want to replace with my external pack is a 4LR44 which is a:
6V
105 mAh

The rechargable NiMH AA batteries (4) that I want to use in my external battery pack are rated at:
1.2V
2000 mAh
(also let me know what value if I use 2500 mAh batteries)

Looking forward to your help.

You are trying to replace 6V battery with 4X1.2=4.8V battery set ..
I would add one more, and 5x1.2=6V ..
If you replace 6V battery with 6V battery, although these batteries have different mAh rating, no resistor is required !!!

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back