Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help~~~Assura is not available~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhangjavier

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
assura not available

I installed Assura and set the enviroment variables . But when I lauch icfb there is a warning says that warning: Assura is not available..

I don't know why. I think the enviroment variables are all right.

Any clues??

thx.

cadence assura_home

make link for tools.lnx86 folder and rename it to tools, u will find this folder in the ASSURA installation directory

assura commands

You can run assura standalone using command avview. This command can help you detect any configuration problems.

*warning* assura not available.

avview this does help.

warning assura not available

sorry I have to bring up this topic again,

I am using ic5141, assura 3.14, in FC4,
avview can run in terminal, the GUI can be brought up, but I cant find any ASSURA menu in virtuoso, how can I set it up? I know I have to add some LOAD .SKL file to make calibre work, so I am thinking maybe I should add a LOAD *.IL for assura? any suggestion? thanks

btw, I made the tools link, and did EXPORT ASSURHOME=PATH , even EXPORT =ASSURA_HOME=PATH , of coz include SET PATH=(totally 4 of them).

anyone help?

assura 3.14

You need ASSURAHOME environment variable.
Add $ASSURAHOME/tools/bin $ASSURAHOME/tools/assura/bin to path environment variable.
When the Assura software is installed in addition to a DFII hierarchy, the Assura software path values should be inserted after the path to the DFII tools and utilities. For example in cshell,

set path = (. /cadence/ic446/tools/bin /cadence/ic446/tools/dfII/bin /cadence/assura30/tools/bin /cadence/assura30/tools/assura/bin $path)

assura has not been installed in this hierarchy

thanks for your reply, I just figured it out, actually I setup all what you said, still no go. but when I check the avview.log, it said I didnt have a fold named LAYOUT in my ...tools/dfii/..../menu , so I built one manually, it worked!

I searched all forum and google on this problem, everyone asked, but no answer, now I think this is the only correct answer to this prob. dont know why 3.14 wont build this folder for me.

BTW, are you from Tsing Hua University? nice to know you.

Status
Not open for further replies.