Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help about XNOR-Popcount on FPGA/Verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starchasm Nyx

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,I have a final project about edge detection with FPGA/Verilog.But instead of using normal convolution with kernel like Sobel,my teacher asked me to use XNOR-Popcount with pre-defined kernel/mask.
I want to ask that is XNOR-Popcount can replace Convolution with Sobel for edge detection? And if that's possible,can i use Sobel as pre-defined kernel/mask for my project?
Thank everyone and i hope someone can help me.

Hello,

some time ago I tried project wich has used "Sobel Filter" on Xilinx Artix7 FPGA. You can use "Vivado HLS" (High Level Synthesis" to convert algorithms written in C/C++ languages to HDL versions (VHDL or Verilog). I don't know if this be helpful for you, but I am pasting link to polish forum (Translated by "Google Translate" into English):

https://forbot-pl.translate.goog/fo...=en&_x_tr_hl=pl&_x_tr_pto=wapp#comment-151126

Best Regards

Hello,

some time ago I tried project wich has used "Sobel Filter" on Xilinx Artix7 FPGA. You can use "Vivado HLS" (High Level Synthesis" to convert algorithms written in C/C++ languages to HDL versions (VHDL or Verilog). I don't know if this be helpful for you, but I am pasting link to polish forum (Translated by "Google Translate" into English):

https://forbot-pl.translate.goog/fo...=en&_x_tr_hl=pl&_x_tr_pto=wapp#comment-151126

Best Regards
Thank for your reply
I have done a project with sobel already.But in my project i've used convolution matrix input with sobel.But now i must use xnor-popcount to replace convolution.So i dont know if possible xnor-popcount can replace conv and which mask should i use for xnor

Thank for your reply
I have done a project with sobel already.But in my project i've used convolution matrix input with sobel.But now i must use xnor-popcount to replace convolution.So i dont know if possible xnor-popcount can replace conv and which mask should i use for xnor
Hello,
unfortunately I didn't use "Binary Convolution Neural Networks" so I am not able to help.

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.