Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help about single chip modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanren

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mx614 uc

hi,i need a single chip modem,5v supply,data rate from 1200bps-9600bps,can anybody help me?any info will be good,thank you!

73m2901 cmx868

What is the physical media for data communiction you intend to use (power cable, twisted pair, air, ...) ?
Which type of data coding you will be using (NRZ, Manchester, ...) ?
What kind of modem (modem -> modulator-demudolator) device you are searching.
What kind of modulation type you intend to use ?

Regards, Bulletproof

look for mx614 or fx614

single chip 1200 fsk modem ...
used by hamradio for packet ,aprs etc etc , very nice one for use with uC, no max232 needed ...

Best Regards
Rib

Take a look at Cermetek modems, they have resolved all the telephonic circuits, you just connect serialy in a side, and in the other side the telephonic line. www.cermetek.com

So, Silicon Labs, has modems kits too from 1200bps to 33600bps (www.silabs.com)

Then, TDK has a very good 2400 bps modem (73M2901).

I used Mxcom (mx614) modems, and didn't like me.

I think you should look to OEM suppliers, they offer boards with differents modem chip (TDK, Connexant...) and TTL interfaces you can connect directly to a simple MCU. Those kind of boards are typicaly used in set top box.

I think you can't buy the chip modem alone because you will need quantity to do so.

Here after the Conexant line card.

beuch.

i'm using CMX868 (v22.bis modem) and CMX866 (v22.bis modem with AT commands built in) in my emmbedded modem and they are very good.

you can find them form www.cmlmicro.com

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back