Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help?About @ltera and sy*plicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeadd

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I meet a strange problem about synplicity for @ltera.
I use AC1K30 in my design and synplicity 7.23 for synthesis.Sometimes the synthesis may take few minutes,but the other time can not complete ,even hours!
When I change the chip from @ltera to Xilinx,example XC2S30,the synthesis speed will be so quick.
Can somebody help me?

Try an other family of Altera

homeadd said:
I meet a strange problem about synplicity for @ltera.
I use AC1K30 in my design and synplicity 7.23 for synthesis.Sometimes the synthesis may take few minutes,but the other time can not complete ,even hours!
When I change the chip from @ltera to Xilinx,example XC2S30,the synthesis speed will be so quick.
Can somebody help me?

It has been my experience that the usage of arrays as block RAMs can slow down Synplify by a factor of 10! It is weird, but and I think this has been solved in later releases. Here's my fix:

attribute syn_ramstyle : string;
attribute syn_ramstyle of mem : signal is "no_rw_check";

By specifying the "no_rw_check" attributes, Synplify becomes intelligent and does not lose time anymore when synthetizing RAMs.

Hope this helps!

TurboPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back