Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help about low side and high side mosfet driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

hacker_of_thoughts

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends
i m using ucc27424-ep mosfet driver for my application. data sheet is at link
**broken link removed**

this is a low side mosfet driver. can i use this driver for high side mosfet.
plz repply soon

How can I make my car fly? Put it in an airplane.

You can provide an isolated power supply and opto-coupled input to the driver. Possible, but not reasonable for simple applications. Specialized high-side drivers with bootstrap power supply are commonly used, but they have limitations.

ya i m using isolator circuit for the power and control signals..... but i m not sure that can i use this for high side mosfet or not

The "low side" device specification refers to common ground for logic input and source node. With individually isolated supply and control, it can be used for high-side as well. Of course, the DC/DC and logic isolator's dielectric strength must be sufficient and the logic isolator should have suitable common mode rejection for fast transients.

Not particularly. Various manufacturer datasheets and own design considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back