Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP, 5 pin nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breachmcgee

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 5 pin xlr micro phone i want to connect to my pc, but theres nothing on the web(6hrs of research) about converting one to ethier usb, aux, or even an amp jack. Any help regarding converting or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Also, maybe i can get a sound card. So any conversion to newer plugs and socket is appreciated!
Thank you, god bless!

XLR microphones are usually balanced line and sometimes 'phantom' powered. It is quite likely you will need to buy or build special interface to convert it to unbalanced input as PCs use. If it is phantom powered, you also need a special power supply, normally supplied with the microphone. Do as Klaus suggests, find out what kind of XLR interface it uses.

Brian.

Hi,

I'd look at the microphone datasheet.

Klaus
XLR microphones are usually balanced line and sometimes 'phantom' powered. It is quite likely you will need to buy or build special interface to convert it to unbalanced input as PCs use. If it is phantom powered, you also need a special power supply, normally supplied with the microphone. Do as Klaus suggests, find out what kind of XLR interface it uses.

Brian.
Hey brian the most detailed data sheet i found was in German. But for what i understand from it, is that i can maybe use a 5pin xlr switchgate female into an an unsocket soundcard, but i dont want to go waste 200$ for something im not sure about, its an electrovoice model 619, there homemade diagrams and the manuel but they dont help for wire conversions

Hi,

I'd look at the microphone datasheet.

Klaus
--- Updated ---

I did, anything specifique i should be looking for?, im not a wiz really but im tring to get into the resto hobby so im learning things right now 😅 the microphone is a electrovoice model 619. Best detailed datasheets are in german. They talk about the problem of power with the amp auxiliary, but not the solution :/
--- Updated ---

I did, anything specifique i should be looking for?, im not a wiz really but im tring to get into the resto hobby so im learning things right now 😅 the microphone is a electrovoice model 619. Best detailed datasheets are in german. They talk about the problem of power with the amp auxiliary, but not the solution :/

Last edited:

Can you confirm it is the microphone in the file I attached. If it is, please bear in mind its a 'communications' grade microphone and not particularly good quality. It seems to use a single dynamic insert so what puzzles me is why it has an XLR connector at all. XLR is normally used in situations where interference picked up along the cable length is a problem, for example long cables on stage that might be running past lighting equipment. It isn't wrong to use it in other situations but it has no advantage and costs more than an ordinary jack.

Brian.

Attachments

• ev-619.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 259

Yes, and i know right! And its an xlr thats kinda uncommon too. I dont care for the quality, it adds flavour to the voiceXD So what do you think in term of coverting?
Can you confirm it is the microphone in the file I attached. If it is, please bear in mind its a 'communications' grade microphone and not particularly good quality. It seems to use a single dynamic insert so what puzzles me is why it has an XLR connector at all. XLR is normally used in situations where interference picked up along the cable length is a problem, for example long cables on stage that might be running past lighting equipment. It isn't wrong to use it in other situations but it has no advantage and costs more than an ordinary jack.

Brian.

Yes, and i know right! And its an xlr thats kinda uncommon too. I dont care for the quality, it adds flavour to the voiceXD So what do you think in term of coverting?
When i bought it the seller told me it was a 3pin xlr, witch is not horrible. But sadly i endded up with a fiver.

Attachments

• 16265610113644117507405093601202.jpg
    16265610113644117507405093601202.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 221
  • 20210717_182406.jpg
    20210717_182406.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 227
  • 20210717_174552.jpg
    20210717_174552.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 227

Status
Not open for further replies.