Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

helo with flow meter water based PIC16f876

Status
Not open for further replies.

andro

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help with flow meter water based PIC16f876

i want to build washing machine control system, but i am confusing on a device, that is flow meter water. i saw analog one on an industrial washing machine and takes hot water from boiler and the device reads the volume and send it to control system, but i am confusing about the connection between flow meter and control system.
so i need a flow meter water and connect it to pic16f876 and i want to measure pulses coming out of meter and connecting it to pic. these pulses will be external interrupt source.
But my question is if some one has a little experience with it and tells me a one type and how to connect it or some catalogs and it should be sustain hot water with metal body .
conclusion:
need flow meter water sends reading to microcontroller pic
and so, measure the volume consumption in the washing machine

i hope you have got my point

thanks

Hello,

You need a flowmeter with deliver an output :
- a dry contact given by an ILS at every unit . ( unit can be Liter, 10 Liter, 100 Liter) depene of the range of measure.
- or a transistor output
you ned to know if it is NPN or PNP to make the good connection
exemple !

68_1339526174.jpg

with a contact or NPN transistor inside the flowmeter.
RA4 is a trigger input .. to use with timer0 for counting the number of pulses.

at first, choose the good one flowmeter : maximum range in liter/mn to define it.

Status
Not open for further replies.