Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

helo assemblers, need hlp regarding nokia 1202 lcd with ste2007 cntroler..

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter002

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i m using pic16f877a,
i wrote 9 bit spi but having garbage values on lcd, and i cant send any valueable data to lcd, i m attatching the code to the thread, plz hlp me,

the pin connection are defined in attached file.

thanx in advance
wbr

Attachments

• 1202lcd.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 76

are you writing the correct commands and data in the correct format and timing, so the ste2007 controller understands?
are you sure you're wired correctly?
are the voltages correct?

try writing just one character, say an "A" what did you gt on the LCD?

are you writing the correct commands and data in the correct format and timing, so the ste2007 controller understands?
are you sure you're wired correctly?
are the voltages correct?

try writing just one character, say an "A" what did you gt on the LCD?
I m using 3.3 volts as supply, i searched the web and used the initilisation sequence as the suggested... found 2 configuration and tried thwm but got same result,
I tried writing A on lcd but the state doesnt change at all, i get the below screen everytime. Plz chk my code and let me know that where i m wrong

Attachments

• received_751085608987180.jpeg
    received_751085608987180.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 181

Hi,

Why 9 bit SPI? It's rather unusual.
SPI usually is 8 bits ... or multiples of 8.

Klaus

Hi,

Klaus
Data sheet saýs that the controller requires 9bit spi communication, first bit defines that the following 8bits r data or command bits..

Because this is the way Nokia chose to hard wire the interface for the STE2007 96 x 68 Single Chip LCD Controller/Driver chip.

The STE2007 has a normal SPI interface and an I2C interface. It does not seem possible to enable these transports on the available Nokia 1202 LCD modules.

Because this is the way Nokia chose to hard wire the interface for the STE2007 96 x 68 Single Chip LCD Controller/Driver chip.

The STE2007 has a normal SPI interface and an I2C interface. It does not seem possible to enable these transports on the available Nokia 1202 LCD modules.
But many ppl hav done the driving successfully for thise lcds and they r using them.. i.think timings are problem in my case..

Hi,

OK. Gently speaking: I think it was not the best idea of nokia.

To your problem:
Do you have a scope to verify the timing, voltage levels and the protocol?

Klaus

But many ppl hav done the driving successfully for thise lcds and they r using them.. i.think timings are problem in my case..
No, you have bugs.

Before you look at timing you need to fix these bugs:
Code:
Warning[207] C:\PUBLIC\PIC\16F\877A_NOKIA_1202\1202LCD.ASM 130 : Found label after column 1. (RETRUN)
Message[305] C:\PUBLIC\PIC\16F\877A_NOKIA_1202\1202LCD.ASM 233 : Using default destination of 1 (file).

I know these are a warning and a message from the MPASM, not syntax errors, but they are both serious bugs in your code.

You need to understand why each one prevents your application from working as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.