Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hello..need help to start...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_m

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have done basic VLSI course in my undergraduate program in which it was mostly Digital vlsi. Done a few programs in VHDL in which we had to design a few circuits mostly using the various gates etc.
I want to take up VLSI as a career as i believe that this field has lots of scope and future will be in vlsi.

Basically i want to know that what are the divisions of VLSi - analog , digital, mixed etc. What is the differnece between them?

And where to begin ? Say for analog? Coz for digital i know i'll have to brush up my digital concepts first , but which book to refer to?

Thanks alot.

any senior member can please help!

Since you have already done some VHDL, you may consider continuing it and enter digital logic design. VHDL, gates, are all about digital design.

analog design refers to resisters, capacitors, inductors, and transistors, etc. It's a subject taking long learning cycle.

In mixed signal design, I guess analog plays major part and you only need to know the basics of digital logic. Again, it's a tough subject because you need to know both side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back