Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELICAL ANTENNA.....Helppp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickert111

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am tryimg 2 design a helical antenna which would enhance the signal reception in your mobile phone (simply 2 increase the tower reception if u r in an area where reception is low ) ??
I am trying 2 get the radiation patterns and other such observations (Gain, directivity,lobes etc....). Plzz help..and tell me how 2 proceed ahead ??
Do reply....Its urgent.......[/b]

Why do you think a helical antenna will enhance performance? Helical antennas are for circular polarized waves but the mobile phone is vertical polarized.

i think since its circularly polarised it can recieve both vertically polarised and circularly polarised waves.

in earlier days helical antennas used in mobile.Now a days PIFAs are used in mobile phones because its difficult to achieve multiband using helical antenna design.

hey, i am not implementing the antenna inside the phone..it will be outside the phone and can be of 2-3 feets.....u can install it outside your home and it will catch d signals 4m dere ..enhance it and transmit 2 ur mobile antenna....

Added after 3 minutes:

I can also use an amplifier in between 2 increase the reception ...basically it will b somewhat like this ..

MOBILE TOWER --> OUSIDE HELICAL ANTENNA --> AMPLIFIER --> INSIDE ANTENNA (may b a wire directly connected 2 cell) --> PHONE .

i think that if its going to be fixed ur better off with a very good yagi pointing towards the tower with frecuency and polarization adjusted for your specific need.

some very good yagi can be desdigned and manufactured very preciselly at least up to 3ghz.

@ pabloec ... can u plzz suggest or post some materials/documents regarding this......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back