Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

helical antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocel

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
experimental books about antenna design

Hi i am an engineering student and we have a project in designing antenna's.helical antennas intrigues me since it can be used in space communications.problem is i'm still a starter with designing antenna's and could i ask some help in helical antenna designing?i'd really appreciate your answers since our deadline is coming.thank you.

J. Kraus describes helicies in his book "Antennas". More recent information is available from Corzine and Mosko.

Can any one help me to get below mentioned IEEE paper

1)
Printed cylindrical slot antenna for GPS commercial applications
Ho, C.H.; Shumaker, P.K.; Fan, L.; Smith, K.B.; Liao, J.W.
Electronics Letters
Volume 32, Issue 3, 1 Feb 1996 Page(s):151 - 152
Digital Object Identifier
Summary:The authors present a new printed cylindrical slot antenna for GPS commercial applications. This antenna displays compact size, low cost, ease of mass production, near-hemispherical radiation coverage and circular polarisation properties. Experimental results show that the printed cylindrical slot antenna has a 3 dB beamwidth of 120° and a front-back ratio >15 dB

2)

A printed hemispherical helical antenna for GPS receivers
Yingbo Zhang; Hui, H.T.
Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, IEEE
Volume 15, Issue 1, Jan. 2005 Page(s): 10 - 12
Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/LMWC.2004.840953(410) 15
Summary: A self-matched printed hemispherical helical antenna for potential use in global positioning system receivers is introduced. Unlike wired hemispherical helical antennas, its printed form renders it a much more stable and endurable structure and also easier for fabrication. The optimized antenna shows an impedance bandwidth of 6%, a 3-dB axial ratio bandwidth of 6%-7%, a return loss greater than 20 dB, and a gain of about 9 dB at the center frequency. The patterns of the antenna show a larger mainlobe in the upper half space with relatively small backlobes. Both theoretical and experimental results was presented.

Advance Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back