Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heed help for designing a high power smps

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoop kr

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai all
i want to design a high power smps for audio ampliifier. The output ratings for the smps is +/-45V with 6Amps. I am a new one in in the SMPS area. Before this i was using transformers of heavy duty and it had so much weight.
so in want to go with a new one thats why i just came for the smps. i looked in the internet and i got lots of circuits. From that i choose one and it is of +12V with 10Amps output. I thought it will be a nice one.
My doubt is that could i make modification in the transformer and shall i convert to my requirement.
For that i want to know the frequency of oscillation of the IC UC3844. In this circuit what is the frequency of oscillation.
I am thinking that instead of using the EE42 core i want to use EE55 core.Does it works??

I am giving the circuit diagram here and also the link. Please help me:-|

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• smps 12v 10A.JPG
    smps 12v 10A.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 114

That circuit is a flyback supply, which isn't really suitable for your higher power demands (>250W per rail). I would use a forward converter, maybe a diagonal forward if you plan to run off of 230Vac. And you will likely need independent supplies for both +/- rails, unless you know their loads will always be balanced.

but there is one more thing is left. what about the oscillating frequency of the circuit.????. How can i find out the oscillating frequency...???

Hello

I am not expert but i can say that as your switching frequency is higher smaller the transformer size of SMPS.As well i suggest you to use H-bridge of Full bridge for switching.Finally take care of Electro magnetic interference (EMI) put some filters to avoid it...

-Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.