Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heart Beat Monitor with Infra-red AND LDR Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragrance

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
working of photodiode

HI ALL

here is an artical about the photo diode how to use them and signal conditioning modulated data receiving and lot more with applications
and example

photodiode project

Do you have any info about medical opto sensors using photodiod for heart beat signal detection ?

photodiode working

artem said:
Do you have any info about medical opto sensors using photodiod for heart beat signal detection ?

hi friend it is new for you that i am electronics engineer but working as biomedical engineer since from 1992, have expirence on ziess laser and opth medical equepments such as autoref, field analyzer, pulse oxi meter and nibp monitor a long rang on which i have worked

here is some for you

heart beat or pulse oxi meter probe consist of high bright red led and a ir led plus bpw34 photo diode from siemens
the working princepal is very clear red light absrobe by homuglobin and the percenttage of absordtion is counted by photo diode for heart beat
and other led which is ir show the percenttage of air in bloob if you need more information i will send you

regards
Fragrance

bpw34 schematic

Hi

I am actually asking on behalf of my friend
He wass dealing with health irregularity detection by
heart bit signal autocorrelation analysis . He designed 2 types of sensors to get heatbeat signal -
pressure based and opto based .
General problem with those are it is impossible to get similar results from all probed patient so signal had to be adapted before actual processing could be done .
I was just asking to know is there ready to use sensor solutions already available for use in mass production .Otherwise my friend has to deal with sensor design . Some info could be found in Biomedical engineering book from mcu.czc .

Thanks for reply

photodiode how to

artem said:
Hi

I am actually asking on behalf of my friend
He wass dealing with health irregularity detection by
heart bit signal autocorrelation analysis . He designed 2 types of sensors to get heatbeat signal -
pressure based and opto based .
General problem with those are it is impossible to get similar results from all probed patient so signal had to be adapted before actual processing could be done .
I was just asking to know is there ready to use sensor solutions already available for use in mass production .Otherwise my friend has to deal with sensor design . Some info could be found in Biomedical engineering book from mcu.czc .

Thanks for reply

hi

tomorow i am going to upload the different types of sensor information
which is made by different manufactures such as biochem, ohmeda, nelcore and lot more

this is the game of amplifier and signal conditioner and a/d which you used after signal conditioner so wait for one day i also upload a ready made heart beat monitor for reffrence only to see how they work you can made it to under stand the prenciple

working of diode

hi all

Here is the Heart Beat Monitor as i promise upload contian lot of information about the heart beat monitor and two types of heart beat
monitor one on pic micro and other on cmos chips with sensor detial
one thing more in pic based monitor used photodiode in the place of LDR

bpw34 spice model

Thanks a lot .
What does it do ? Is it just to measure hearbeat or there are some other features as well ?
P.S. Will not be able to upload till end of this month due to exceeded limit .

photodiode pic

Fragrance said:
hi all

Here is the Heart Beat Monitor as i promise upload contian lot of information about the heart beat monitor and two types of heart beat

Hi Fragrance,

your uploaded archieve contains a "schematic.pdf" (in HEARTBEAT.zip)which needs a password. You can post it? - thanks

Mik

bpw34 spice

M!k said:
Fragrance said:
hi all

Hi Fragrance,

your uploaded archieve contains a "schematic.pdf" (in HEARTBEAT.zip)which needs a password. You can post it? - thanks
Mik

I realy sory for that i for get to mention password, pass is case sensitive

HAMMAD99

program pic for photodiode input

Interesting, how accurate do the IR/RED wavelengths need to be in order to make oxygen sensing work? I understand for optical blood glucose sensing the LEDs need to be very specific.

bpw 34 circuit

Do you have SPICE model for photodiode ?
How to simulate it ?

laser game bpw34

Marv said:
Interesting, how accurate do the IR/RED wavelengths need to be in order to make oxygen sensing work? I understand for optical blood glucose sensing the LEDs need to be very specific.

The wavelenght for Ir/Led is 810nm work fine in bipolar sensor this can be done by high speed alternative swicthing of leds mean first red led on
for and it,s goes off then IR led turn on by using one photo diode for measurement

photodiode frontend

Hi Fragrance,

I've tried using the circuit diagram b4 this....I've even sampled the output of the circuit using PIC's input capture and displaying it graphically on the PC using VB. However, I've noticed each time the sensor is used, it gives out different reading of the heart beat period. Anyone knows why this is so?

Thanx

tcrt1010 pulse

Alvin81 said:
Hi Fragrance,

I've tried using the circuit diagram b4 this....I've even sampled the output of the circuit using PIC's input capture and displaying it graphically on the PC using VB. However, I've noticed each time the sensor is used, it gives out different reading of the heart beat period. Anyone knows why this is so?

Thanx

Try to used BPW34 photo diode sensor with large spectrum range also as source used sub miniature ultar bright red led better is pcb mounted type
your problem sovled

opto interrupters circuits for heart rate sensor

Hey Fragrance,

I've tried using the BPW34 photo diode as compared to the heart beat schematic's LDR. Im not sure whether the BPW34 is sensitve enough but the circuit is not running at all. Do I have to modify anything else? The LED Im using is ultra bright.

Thanx

working of a photodiode

Hi Fragrance,
Just read your lines of 23 Sept 2003 10:46 (while I was searching for the photo diode BPW 34). Your message was :
"HI ALL
here is an artical about the photo diode how to use them and signal conditioning modulated data receiving and lot more with applications
and example"
I have just registered and couldn't find out how I can displaythis article.
Please indicate or could you e-mail the article to rolandkamber@hotmail.com
advance thanks and regards
Roland

photo diode pic

rolandkamber said:
Hi Fragrance,
Just read your lines of 23 Sept 2003 10:46 (while I was searching for the photo diode BPW 34). Your message was :
"HI ALL
and example"
I have just registered and couldn't find out how I can displaythis article.
Please indicate or could you e-mail the article to rolandkamber@hotmail.com
advance thanks and regards
Roland

just download the rar files

heart beat sensor using bpw34

Hello Fragrance,

I have just registered and do not have enough points to download your Heart beat montor and sensor.rar files. Could you please send them to hlu@slingshot.co.nz

Thank you very much

Howard

light phototransisitor

I'm interested in glucose ( C6H12O6 ). Any links for more information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back