Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] HDMI to MIPI CSI2 solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmamba

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I need to convert HDMI signal to CSI2 so that I can feed it to OS on the board.
Toshiba makes a one chip solution but I don't have access to datasheet so I need other method.
TFP401A will convert HDMI to parallel RGB. Is there any simple way to convert this to CSI2?

FPGA would be an option yes. Maybe for proof of concept it would be ok but not for potential mass production :)

I'm not in a hurry :D

But I found a better solution for me. First I wanted to use pandaboard with OMAP4460 which only has CSI2 input.
But I'm going with MCIMX6Q-SL, SABRE-LITE, DEV BOARD instead which has parallel camera input too which makes it easier, price is about the same ;)
And both have good linux OS support

You may also want to check with Bsquare Dragonboard

There is a chip from toshiba only which converts parallel RGB to MIPI CSI-2.
https://www.toshiba.com/taec/components/ProdBrief/11J02_TC358746_ProdBrief.pdf

I'm not in a hurry :D

But I found a better solution for me. First I wanted to use pandaboard with OMAP4460 which only has CSI2 input.
But I'm going with MCIMX6Q-SL, SABRE-LITE, DEV BOARD instead which has parallel camera input too which makes it easier, price is about the same ;)
And both have good linux OS support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back