Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HDL Designer Tool : structure conversion to VHDL 2008 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshk.r

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI, I am using Mentor graphics HDL designer tool. As you can see in img1.png attached, when I create a block diagram, the VHDL created by tool ends up in older version of VHDL (though not sure of which VHDL version it is). But I want it to be in VHDL 2008 version, because the VHDL files written by me are in VHDL 2008 version. I thought it would be a better way to have all VHDL files in the same version to avoid any incompatibility issues later. As you can see in img2, when one tries to create a block diagram, the user doesn't get an option to choose the VHDL version. So I want to know, is there a way to create a block diagram so that the tool creates the structure in VHDL 2008 version or atleast change its vhdl version later after the block diagram is created ? Thank you.

img2.png img1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back