Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HCZ-J3A HUMIDITY SENSOR - help needed with programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothrat

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HCZ-J3A HUMIDITY SENSOR

I'm trying to build a project green house controller using a HCZ-J3A HUMIDITY SENSOR, i've been searching through lots of code for this but i'm having problems finding c code that works. Admittedly i will probably have to do some tweaking, but the only code i seem to come across is the SHT11 for an 80c51 chip which doesn;t really help. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Mothrat

Re: HCZ-J3A HUMIDITY SENSOR

Hi,

Have never seen any good code for that type of sensor, plus you do need some extra hardware, usually a 555 to drive it before you input it to the pic, although there are some designs that use a just a cap and resistor but think they leave a bit to be desired.

Have used a SHT10 which is available cheaply here.
**broken link removed**
It also has the temp inbuilt so its just one unit to use, but I've used assembler not C

An easier alternative might be one of these ready make temp and humidity modules that output data on a simple serial link.
Someone I know has used this one ok.
**broken link removed**

If like me you do not like going out all the time to check things for £8 you can add the Sparkfun 433mhz tx and rx units seen working below.

Thanks for the links, it may transpire that i will have to use one of those. in regard to the sht10 is it possible to use C code when using it as opposed to assembler as that's what we're being asked to program with.
i've found a lot of coding for the SHT11 but i'm not using a serial port or any sort of communication, it's more for sitting directly on the board (realism isn;t particularly an issue).

Thanks for the help.
Dave

Hi,

There is some C code on Sensirons site that does all the SHT sensors and think you will find some if you search this forum or the electro - tech site as well.

The comms I was refering to on those other pre made boards was just a simple data steam straight into the pics usart pin - not a full blown comms set up.
The data comes in as a ready to use temp and humidity value so minimum proccessing is needed, unlike the SHT sensors which need some heavy coding, although they seem to work well once running.

Status
Not open for further replies.