Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HC-05 without microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr.inam1900

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I am developing a wireless Bluetooth lock controller using HC-05, my question is that can I control this BT module without a microcontroller. I want to control the gear motor to either lock or unlock my door using HC-05 with the Andriod app through AT command or any other serial method.

Kind of tough as all data moves in and out via UART.

You could possibly do a CPLD or FPGA to control it, but a micro so much more
simple.

If you are not a C programmer for micros you can always consider Scratch to program it,
a GUI block programming language. Here is example -

Regards, Dana.

HC-05 is build around a CSR-BC417 single chip Bluetooth radio with embedded microcontroller. It could be reprogrammed to mimic different Bluettoth device classes, e.g. controlling digital IOs. I'm not sure if the CSR BlueLab SDK is available for free, but there are other chipsets like ESP32 with freely available support tools.

thannara123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

HC-05 modules can be programmend via arduino IDE.
Really no extra microcontroller required.

But "gear motor" is by far no complete information. What motor, speed control, direction control....

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.