Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Having trouble Automatic Clock-gating using Design compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

achundur

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all:

I am using design compiler for synthesis of pipelined design and I am trying to clock-gate the pipeline registers. I made the registers load enabled using a enable input. The DC is inserting the clock-gating cicuitry but the enable pin of the clock-gating circuitry was directly connected to "enable input". But for other designs the enable input was coming from a control logic which was automatically inserted by DC. I tried " report_clock_gating -ungated -v " , but it is showing 100% clock-gating . It will be of great help if any one can give some suggestion on How to infer autonmatic clock-gating?

Thanks

Hi, I think DC does the right thing. DC will use the data enable at that DFF to gate the clock of that DFF. Such as the enb of DFF_A to gate the clock of DFF_A. As there is a enable from you module input, so DC will fed this enable input directly to the enable calculation logic the clock gate enable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back