Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Having Problem with SIM5218.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny12357

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am working on SIM5218 and using GPS.
I used AT+GPSSWITCH=2 for UART configuration but didn't change the baud Rate. till switch off it is working fine after switching on modem is not replying.
:?:
Please Help Me.

Thanks in Advance

Hi jonny12357

I can't find this particular extension in the AT reference manual for the 5218, unless you mean AT+CGPSSWITCH. In this case you have selected the UART port as being the output port for NMEA messages and the UART will no longer accept AT commands. See para 17.5 of the AT reference manual.You should be using AT_IPR or AT_IPREX to change the baud rate of the UART. I have attached the AT command manual for reference.

Which version of the SIM5218 are you using (A, E or J)? It may be that you need to update the firmware in the module to restore the factory settings. I can post the firmware and the uploader here, but you will need a usb lead which is normally supplied with the eval kit.

Attachments

• SIM5218_Serial_AT Command Manual_V1.21.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 164
Hi chipseller,

Thank you for your response.

Which version of the SIM5218 are you using (A, E or J)?

I am using SIM5218E version.

but you will need a usb lead which is normally supplied with the eval kit.

yes I have the usb lead with the eval kit. but I am not getting the driver for USB 2.0, Please tell me the link for the usb driver also.

and Post here the firmware and uploader with procedure for all coders who will face problem like this

Finally thank you for quick response.

Happy Coding. :smile:

Hi jonny12357

Here are a bunch of files for you.

QDL is the downloader which needs to be run from a command prompt (XP, Vista, W7, NOT 64-BIT)

First, unpack the drivers and, when you connect the USB cable and the module, go through all the driver install routines, you should end up with four virtual COM ports in your device manager.

Unpack the QDL to a directory of your choice

Unpack the firmware to the DATA directory within the QDL direcory structure.

Using a command prompt window, navigate to and run the QDL software. A typical transcript is as below.

Finally, I cannot guarantee that this will fix the problem. It is the only thing I can think of at the moment. If it does not restore the NMEA port then I will have to put the problem to SIMcom, which usually takes a couple of days

TRANSCRIPT

C:\simcom\QDL V1.1.6>qdl
SIMTech download tool:
find 4 ports!
diag com is COM15!
connect successful!
Version:Jul 29 200910:59:05Mar 02 200
switch the module to download mode!
find 4 ports!
searching module...
find 0 ports!
searching module...
find 0 ports!
searching module...
find 1 ports!
diag com is COM15!
connect successful!
switch success!
nop
preq
write hex...
hex:100% finish
go...
find 1 ports!
diag com is COM15!
connect successful!
going
hello
Flash_type:hynix_hyg0ueh0mf3
security mode
download partition table
partition table mismatch
erase flash,waiting...
download partition successful
open QCSBLHDCFG
down QCSBLHDCFG...
QCSBLHDCFG:100% finish
success
open QCSBL
download QCSBL...
QCSBL:100% finish
success
open OEMSBL
download OEMSBL...
OEMSBL:100% finish
success
open AMSS
download AMSS...
AMSS:100% finish
success
reset
download finish!

Attachments

• 240150B12SIM5218E.rar
    9.4 MB · Views: 141
  • QDL V1.1.6.rar
    632.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Drivers_SIM5218_20090114.rar
    205.8 KB · Views: 152
Hi chipseller,

Thanks for quick responce.:smile:
Problem has get solved with your solution.

THanks a lot and finally

HAPPY Coding..:-D

Hi chipseller!
I have also problems similar to jony12357 met, but I use sim5218A. Can you send me firmware and toolkit,please?
My version is 1.16 and the newest version is 1.21.isn't it?
Thanks

Hi toafnet

Here is the latest Sim5218A firmware. I do not currently have a later version of QDL than 1.16

Attachments

• 240150B19SIM5218A.rar
    9.4 MB · Views: 106

Is there usb driver for win 2008 r2 x64 ?
Provided driver does not work : "The Folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible driver for your device. If folder contains a driver, make sure it is designet to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

[PARTIAL-SOLVED]: just switched to Win7 pro x64 machine - installed XP-mode(virtualPC) - managed to install usb driver and upgrade with firmware for sim5218E provided on this thread... but still have issues regarding LUA scripting: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/226020/

anyone have any idea what I'm missing?

Thnx

Last edited:

Hi, i need the firmware for 240150B22SIM5218A, because QDL running, Show "target file doesn't exist" .
if use 240150B19SIM5218A is stopped at hello
I hope your help thanks.

Last edited:

Hi All

Here is the latest fw for the 5128A. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 240150B24SIM5218A_HY.rar
    19.4 MB · Views: 101
  • SIM5218A Firmware Release Note.pdf
    68.5 KB · Views: 94

thank you, upgrade to 24Ver. after you send the command AT + CGPSSWITCH = 1 for at-usb restart (using the card drivers) and now works at-UART.

Jcamilo

Hello chipseller,

I have the same problem with sim5320A - any chance that you have its firmware and Windows 7 driver too?

Regards,
Tito.

Last edited:

I can only find formware for the sim5320AD. I do not know if this is compatible or not. The file name is 1575B11SIM5320AD.rar. If this is correct for you let me know and I will make it available here.

I do not have access to Windows drivers. I assume the serial port drivers are built into Windows and will be automatically loaded.

Hello chipseller,

I have the same problem with sim5320A - any chance that you have its firmware and Windows 7 driver too?

Regards,
Tito.

Yes I have exactly sim5320A so this firmware should be OK. Just plugged it in Win7 x64 but it does not find the drivers...

EDIT:
The drivers from https://www.edaboard.com/threads/226020/ installed successfully on x32 Win machine, then I connected to the AT serial port of the module and issued back AT+CGPSSWITCH=1 and my UART is back to life without reflashing the module!

Anyway I would be happy to have the firmware in case it's are newer than the one in my module.

Last edited:

Here is build 11 for the 5320A and AD. I found the 5320A in the wrong diectory.

Attachments

• 1575B11SIM5320A.rar
    7.3 MB · Views: 111
  • 1575B11SIM5320AD.rar
    7.3 MB · Views: 103
  • NDA_SIM5320A Firmware Release Note.pdf
    196 KB · Views: 96
  • NDA_SIM5320AD Firmware Release Note.pdf
    157.3 KB · Views: 124
Hello chipseller!

Same problem with Sim5320E. UART port is blocked by NMEA info feed.
Have you its firmware and Win7x64 driver too?

Regards, Mike

Hi
I also have the same problem. I have SIM5320E. Is there any chance to upload fixing firmware for this model??
Regards Michal

Here is build 11 for the 5320A and AD. I found the 5320A in the wrong diectory.

I have a SIM5320E. Do you have the USB drivers or firmware? I used the AT+CGPSSWITCH=1 command and now I cannot use AT commands by the UART.
Anybody know how to solve it? Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back