Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Have you ever used Ansoft Designer in linux 64 bits or windows 7 home premium???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jafs86

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a new laptop and I´m trying to install my old Ansoft Designer v4, but my new O.S. is Windows 7 Home Premium... It´s not supported...

I was wondering if it´d possible to use Ansoft v4 in linux 64 bits, but there´s no info in ansoft websyte.

Somebody recommends another option? (Considering there´s no money for upgrading Ansoft xD)

Thanks!!!

Did you try to run Ansoft with compatibility mode on? If you right-click on the software icon you can access compatibility menu, from here you can let Ansoft think it's running under XP.
If you have trouble INSTALLING Ansoft, try compatibility mode on the installer itself.
If all of this fails, the long but safest path is creating a virtual XP machine. You need an XP CD and a valid license code, the virtual machine manager itself can be downloaded for free from Microsoft site.

Sorry, none of Ansof product runs on Linux.
Your best bet is in the previous reply.

Regards

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Please ignore my previous comment, I was wrong, they do support SuSE and RedHut 64 bit.

Regards

I have run Ansoft 3.5 in Windows 7, the compatibility mode is full working!!!

TY all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back