Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Have you ever used an MCU to connect to an LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Have you ever used an MCU to connect to an LCD?

Hi,

An almost useless question... because it is most general.

Millions will have used an LCD on a microcontroller.
There are millions of examples already in the internet. With schematics, code and descriptions.
With various microcontrollers, various LCDs with various interfaces, with various programming languages.

--> So the answer to your question is: yes
(Indeed it's rather hard to find applications that use an LCD but without microcontroller)

But I assume this is not what you are after.

So please:
Do an internet search, go through some documents, refine your internet search...
Find out what suits you most.

Then if there still are questions, feel free to ask a more detailed, more elaborated question here.

Klaus

Hi,

An almost useless question... because it is most general.

Millions will have used an LCD on a microcontroller.
There are millions of examples already in the internet. With schematics, code and descriptions.
With various microcontrollers, various LCDs with various interfaces, with various programming languages.

--> So the answer to your question is: yes
(Indeed it's rather hard to find applications that use an LCD but without microcontroller)

But I assume this is not what you are after.

So please:
Do an internet search, go through some documents, refine your internet search...
Find out what suits you most.

Then if there still are questions, feel free to ask a more detailed, more elaborated question here.

Klaus
Sorry my question may be overly simplistic, in fact the problem I am having is that I am using a stone lcd and I want to use it to control an arduino and the arduino to control led lights. This way I have achieved the effect of using the lcd to control the led.

Hi,

You really need to give useful informations
What is a stone LCD?
And how can an LCD control an arduino. Usually it's the other way round.

I assume you have an idea, you have devices with manufacturer names, type names, datasheets in mind.
I assume you have an idea about interfaces, how it should work....what is input, what is output
But you hide all these informations..

I'm not willing to solve riddles or do internet searches for you.
I'll be back as soon as you provide useful and almost complete informations.
Currently I don't feel able to help.

Klaus

Sorry my question may be overly simplistic, in fact the problem I am having is that I am using a stone lcd and I want to use it to control an arduino and the arduino to control led lights. This way I have achieved the effect of using the lcd to control the led.

The stone LCDs seem to come in USB or RS232/xxx interface. There are a number of processors with
USB or serial interfaces. In fact ones that can also handle LED control as well as analog. You need
a lot more descriptive info as to what goals you have, LED driving requirements, .....

Regards, Dana.

who is the manufacturer of the stone LCD?
what is the manufacturer's part number of said device?
if there is a distributor, what is their part number?

thannara123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Neither heared about it before, but it's easy enough to find TFT LCD Module Display Manufacturer,TFT Display Suppliers, LCD Display Factory STONE Tech (stoneitech.com)
As already reported in post #5, the devices have USB and RS232 interface.For Arduino, only the latter is useable. As far as I understand, the LCD modules have touch and optionally keyboard interface, but no HMI functionality. In so far, it's the Arduino that has to control the LCD module.
I want to set some buttons on the stone lcd to control the arduino through the buttons and then control the blinking of the led through the arduino, or use the lcd to control the led directly, is this possible?

Of course it's possible, the control code runs on Arduino, it repeatedly reads the LCD button registers and performs the respective action.

thannara123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Of course it's possible, the control code runs on Arduino, it repeatedly reads the LCD button registers and performs the respective action.
Thank you very much, and thanks for the answer. I guess I should look into the rules of the lcd registers first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back