Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Have anyone used this Graphic LCD before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamid159

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have graphic LCD JYG-12864B4C-VB . But the problem is that i don't have its datasheet. I searched the whole Google but didn't find. If anyone of you have used this GLCD, kindly share its datasheet.
Thanks

I have graphic LCD JYG-12864B4C-VB . But the problem is that i don't have its datasheet. I searched the whole Google but didn't find. If anyone of you have used this GLCD, kindly share its datasheet.

I suspect the part number, JYG-12864B4C-VB, refers to the entire module, GLCD and buttons, rather than the actually GLCD itself. It appears to be a 128x64 GLCD, probably based on a common driver chipset like the KS0108/KS0107 or compatible, however you might need to breakout a multimeter and trace the connections from the actual GLCD to the pinouts at the base of the PCB. A search for KS0108/KS0107 compatible GLCDs is probably a good place to start. Also, if you can figure out which are the power, GND and some other the other pins of the actual GLCD and then compare your devices pinout with the pinouts of some of the more commonly manufactured 128x64 GLCDs, chances are you may find a datasheet which is compatible with your display.

You should be able to determine the power and GND pins by their relation to power traces and ground plane of the PCB.

As many of these devices operate in the 5V to 6V range, unless you inadvertently switch those connections, you should be able to safely try various data and signal connection arrangements.

I've attached a datasheet for a generic KS0108 compatible chipset 128x64 GLCD which may or may not match your device in pinout and function.

A quick search for 128x64 GLCDs would yield other alternative datasheets and chipsets of they are based.

BigDog

Thanks everyone.
It appears to be a 128x64 GLCD, probably based on a common driver chipset like the KS0108/KS0107 or compatible
BigDog
I also think it is KS0108/KS0107 based because i found a datasheet with the part JYG-12864A4C-VA (only two characters change from mine's). I have traced power and ground connections. There are also 8 copper traces that have specific pattern. I think it should be data bus. I cannot figure out the other connections because it is Chip-On-Board PCB.

I also think it is KS0108/KS0107 based because i found a datasheet with the part JYG-12864A4C-VA (only two characters change from mine's). I have traced power and ground connections. There are also 8 copper traces that have specific pattern. I think it should be data bus. I cannot figure out the other connections because it is Chip-On-Board PCB.

Well hopefully the pinout of the module somewhat resembles the pinout of the standalone GLCD, however if you fairly confident you identified the VDD and VSS pins for the GLCD, there is little damage you can incur by trial and error with the data and control lines. Although, if there is a backlight, as is indicated in the posted image, you will need to identify those power pins as well.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.