Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has anyone install IC50 on Fedora Core 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qslazio

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence unable to connect to library manager

Does everything work all right under FC2?
thanks

cannot install ic50

I think you should install it on RH7.X, 8.0 or suse 9.0pro.

unable to connect to library manager

IC50 doesn't support Fedora Core 2 !

unable to connect to library manager icfb

You can install some rpm packages in order to support IC50 on Fedora.

unable to connect to library manager (60 tries)

post clearly which rpm's needed
if u dont know say clearly ,i dont know the rpm's
i think when u install fedora u must choose all package in installed,mainly software devleopment,kenel programming
then u try

Hi,

I installed IC50 under FC2 with AMD64. icfb starts up fine but I can't bring up the library manager. When I click on the library manager, it pauses for a while and then shows

*WARNING* (ddsOpenLibManager) unable to connect to library manager (60 tries)

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance!!

hmm...so, it seems my FC2 is missing a library.

when I tried to execute cdsLibManager under ic50/share/bin, it says "Error: can't find libjava.so." I tried to look it up using yum, "yum provides libjava.so"; I have no hits. :cry:

When I tried to google it, I got whole bunch of results related to java programming or so it seems. I'm not a programmer; the last program that I wrote was in either in BASIC or PASCAL in high school.

So, please help me!! Where can I find this libjava.so??

Thanks in advance!!

Why FC2. In cadence spec, IC5 only support RH7.2, RH7.3, RHEL2.1.

you are on your own if you try to experiment with FC 2

Yes, I know IC50 doesn't support FC2. I just want to see how it performs with a 64bit CPU under a 64bit OS.

Plus, I have heard so much about Linux. Having a 64bit OS and IC50 just gives me enought incentive to jump in and have some fun or headache :D

Before to run icfb &, you need to enter:
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

Already stated in :

exeiji said:
Yes, I know IC50 doesn't support FC2. I just want to see how it performs with a 64bit CPU under a 64bit OS.

Plus, I have heard so much about Linux. Having a 64bit OS and IC50 just gives me enought incentive to jump in and have some fun or headache :D

It doesn't matter, the tool was compiled by 32 bit compiler, so it either won't work under 64bit OS or the performance still the same

On my side it works with : redhat 7.3; redhat 9 and Fedora Core 1...It should work on Fedora Core 2...

senado said:
On my side it works with : redhat 7.3; redhat 9 and Fedora Core 1...It should work on Fedora Core 2...

really? with IC5?

for i know, there are some problems that ic50 on fc1. a friend of mine cann't install it, but ic5032 is no problem on fc1.
so maybe you would try ic5033 or ic5141 better.

IC5143 still have problem with FC2

IC5033 can run on Fedora Core 2, just use export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1. I really works!

I install ic5033 and ic5041 in rh7.3 , and tar zcvf full directory .
extract tar file in fedore core I and fedore core II ,
it work very well....
even i use fedore core II AMD64 , it stll work well ..

IC5XX best working with RH7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.