Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has anybody worked on Quartus II tool of altera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksrinivasan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
altera-quartus II tool

friends

Has anybody worked on Quartus II tool of altera. I need to design ASIC using HArdcopy series. i downloaded the free Quartus II webedition to work on the hardcopy series. but the option of hardcopy is not enabled in that.Can anybody guide me in this regard

Re: altera-quartus II tool

Altera Quartus is a FPGA design tool for the Altera series of FPGAs. If you are looking for ASIC as you mentioned in your post, you are looking at the wrong place.

Cheers,
eChipDesign.

=====================================================
eChip Design Labs
VLSI Training for Verilog and System Verilog
Nagercoil, TamilNadu

**broken link removed**

=====================================================

Re: altera-quartus II tool

If you are looking for ASIC as you mentioned in your post, you are looking at the wrong place.
To quite right.

HardCopy is a series of Altera preconfigured ASICs. Hardcopy II to IV are intended as a volume replacement for Stratix II to IV FPGA.

In fact, Hardcopy devices as well as several high end FPGA parts are not supported by the free Q.uartus Web Edition.
If you need to evaluate special aspects of HardCopy, you should be able with a time limited trial version. If you are actually
starting a HardCopy or high end FPGA development, the costs of a Q.uartus subsription version shouldn't be a problem, I guess.

See this Altera document about web edition versus subscription version's features:
https://www.altera.com/products/software/quartus-ii/compare-quartus-editions.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back