Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Harmonic Distortion analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

apmrao

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can somebody tell the where do i get the relation/expression for Harmonic distortion w.r.to Gain?

Is there any good literature on harmonic distortion in opamps?

Hi apmrao
As far as I know there is no exact relation between harmonic distortion and DC gain. Because harmonic distortion depends on several parameters. However as wonbef said, usually more DC-gain results in less harmonic distortion. Theoretically, one can express hamonic distortion factors by device paramters in an opamp. However, these expressions differ from one topology to another.
Professor Sansen from K. Leuven University in Belgium and Profs. Palumbo and Pennisi from Catania University in Italy have several years of experience on this field of study. For more reading you can refer to "Feedback Amplifier" written by Profs. Palumbo and Pennisi. There are some intuitve expressions extracted for some well-known opamp topologies based on low-frequency device parameters such as transconductance (gm).

Regards,
EZT

apmrao

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanx a lot EZT.. i lltry to go thru "Feedback Amplifier"

where's "Feedback Amplifier"?

you must trade-off HD and noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.