Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hardware Random Number Generator RS232 COM Port Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIF

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hardware random number generator schematic

I have Hardware Random Number Generator (HRNG) Through Serial COM Port (RS232),if i plug it in the COM and restart the PC,Windows XP idintifies it as a mouse and the mouse pointer moves randomly in the screen disply(Note:This problem dosn't appear in windows 98&windows 2000),also when i remove the HRNG from the COM and restart again the PC,and when windows finish starting up operation,i plugged the HRNG to the COM and it works ok, so it seems that this problem just appear in the start up. So please any help to solve such kind of problem?!

xp /noserialmice

Try to disable the FIFO :p

KSA

schematic hardware random number generator

hi consultants...
it is very trivial task you should change from consultantancy to student kidding 8) the solution for your problem is as follow:
To disable the detection of devices on COM ports in Windows XP:

Make a backup copy of the Boot.ini file.
Remove the hidden, system, and read-only attributes from the Boot.ini file.
Using a text editor (such as Notepad) open the Boot.ini file.
Add the /NoSerialMice option to the end of each entry in the [operating systems] section of Boot.ini. See the example below for more information.
Save Boot.ini and quit Notepad.
Restore the hidden, system, and read-only attributes to the Boot.ini file.
Shutdown and restart Windows NT.
The following is a sample of the Boot.ini file:

[boot loader]
timeout=3
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT35

[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT35="Windows NT Workstation
Version 3.51" /NoSerialMice

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT35="Windows NT Workstation
Version 3.51 [VGA mode]" /basevideo /sos /NoSerialMice

NoSerialMice Syntax
/NoSerialMice - Disables the detection of serial mice on
all COM ports.

/NoSerialMice:COMx - Disables the detection of serial mice on
COM x, where x is the number of the port.

/NoSerialMice:COMx,y,z - Disables the detection of serial mice on
COM x, y and z.

NOTE: The /NoSerialMice option is not case sensitive.
I hope this would help u consultant have a good life u & KSA :p

windowsxp noserialmice

Hi Serial_expert,
I tried your solution and it dosn't work :(

ttconsultants

Dear ttconsultants you should make sure that you have applied the procedures as is.
I faced the same problem, but not with RNG ,it was an acquisition device and it was solved from the first run.
what I think is that you tend to be a hardware man try to let a software man with windows ini file experience to do the job instead of you.
just to let you know the procedures I gave you is the same as what microsoft recommends by thier support experts.
wish you all the luck and have a happy life... 8)

problem rs232 at startup

Dear ttconsultants why you have changed your name???
I was kidding in my first post :eek:
anyhow I feel quilty because my last reply was not that useful neither meaningful.. anyway since i start feeling that you dont know what to do, where you are or who you are :x .
I suggest that you go and ask Microsoft (Windows XP support team) providing your windows version number and provide them with a good describtion for your problem.
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/support/default.asp
wish you all the luck JPEG sorry JIF :p

isa hardware random number generator

Hello Serial_Expert,
Friend, i try the posted solution but it dosn't work with me maybe for two reason:
1- because the solution you gave me is suitable for windows 2000/NT and my operating system is windows XP.
2- because your device is data aquistion device so the device dosn't supply dummy data at start up.
anyway i saw the posted answer from microsoft and it was as you said, but the things that you maybe didn't noted that microsoft satisfy this solution for many operating system such as windows 2000/NT and they didn't mention windows XP with the solution.
I hope you answer this question and i will be appreciate to you, also thanks a lot for your interest in my problem.
JIF

hardware random number generator shematics

Deat Tiff sorry JIFF 8O
I faced the problem on Windows XP and the microsoft support provided me with the answer that i gave you , you are right that microsoft published an article showing that this is applied on Windows NT but this is also applied on Windows XP as what they have informed me,
anyhow you can give me your RNG schematic so that I can do the test for you and solve it for you in short time.

wish you all the luck ...

rs232 number generator

just one more thing Microsoft says that the /NOSERIALMICE is accepted in Windows XP thay are saying that mentioning the command as is will disable all the serial COM ports , you can specify a certain COM port to be disabled by following this format:
/NOSERIALMICE=[COMx | COMx,y,z...]
microsoft says also that this switch is used when you have a component other than a mouse attached to a serial port during the startup sequence
just like your case..
check this link :
**broken link removed**
wish you all the luck again...

windows xp /noserialmice

Dear JIF hi again,,
I just bought a RNG and I did the test for you and I beliefe that you really don't know how to follow the procedures with logical modifications,
anyhow I gave these procedures that I'll provide to you this title: "How to disable COM port detection in Windows XP for DUMMYS" :D
The procedures are as follow:
1) Unplug your RNG from the system
2) Disable serial mouse detection by doing the following:
-Right click My Computer
-Select Properties
-Select Advanced Tab
-Select Settings in Startup and Recovery
-Select Edit
-add /NoSerialMice (this is CASE SENSITIVE so add it exactly as shown here) to the line that looks like:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\XP="Windows XP" /fastdetect
so that it now reads:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\XP="Windows XP" /fastdetect/NoSerialMouse
-File -> Exit Save yes
-OK
-Then reboot
-Once rebooted re attach your RNG.
All done now ...
don't tell me this is not working because I'll pump you .
if you couldn't let this work (and that what will happen) let any higher degree of education do that for you ..
if you are a techincian let any engineer do that for you instead of bothering people here in elektroda..
wish you all the luck

rng device generator hardware

Dear Serial_Expert,
Thanks very much friend for your responses and solutions, i am really appreciate your help, now you are really "Expert" :wink: ,my friend every things is work ok now with the last solutions, i am really happy thanks a lot.
Note:"Please send to me the invoice of the RNG you bought so i pay it to you :D :D "

JIF

:oops: anytime JIF..

but I need a favor from you I need your RNG schematic, and for what application you are using this RNG?

Hi Serial_Expert,
Thanks again friend. Regard your request, the HRNG i using now is Serial Module RNG, i bought it as a module and i don't have schematic for this RNG, but i have other one which i work with it 2 year ago and it was nice, just give me time to search for the schematic and i will post it here.

Dear JIF hi,
forgot about the Schematic, I was checking your response 8) actually I have dozens of RNG schematics where it consists of multiple sources ,very low power consumption ,USB prephiral with open source driver.
by the way I always post my replies with different names for each subject.
this is the last message for Serial_Expert in this forum have a good life..
bye :wink:

Dear Serial_Expert,
I asked about USB HRNG do you have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back