Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hardware design, PCB design, programming - Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzaz3

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Where to start?

Ok, I'm a highschool student at the age of 15 and I'm really interested in Hardware design, PCB design, programming, and pretty much everything on this site.

Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing! I've searched for classes in my area and can't find anything. I really want to learn more about this kind of stuff.

Any suggestions of where I should start? Where/when did you start learning about this stuff?

Re: Where to start?

Probably, you could pick out a basic electronic book from the library. If you are really adventurous, you could visit those college classes website to download there notes.

Where to start?

Highschool student,
well..i presume ,then you have got to complete your high school education,higher secondary education,engineering degrees before you could enter into the core field of electronics.That is how it is normally done and that is where you achieve the basic fundamentals of electronics.
Anyways, as you are very keen at an early stage,you could start with identifying simple electronic gadgets,identify the components in it, subscribe electronics related magazines like 'Electronics for you' and read the articles in it..you can go through the basic electronic circuits in it.

but i am afraid,whether you will get time for these extra curricular activities apart from your high school studies.

Re: Where to start?

I think a lot of folks started with simple projects taken from magazines. When I was young, I read "Popular Electronics" and "Radio and TV News". Unfortunately, those magazines are gone now. However, there are others that you can read that have simple projects to build.

Find a copy of "Nuts and Volts" magazine, or "Elektor". If there's a used bookstore nearby, look for a copy of any "ARRL Handbook" - there has been a new version released every year for over 50 years, and any of them have easy to understand theory as well as projects.

If you can find a local chapter of a Ham Radio club, go to their meetings. You'll find friends who share your interests, and who will be happy to include you in their projects. You may even have a club in your school, or at a nearby college. Many communities have computer clubs, and they often have people who are quite proficient in programming and design.

Look around your community for electronic repair shops, and take a job with one of them. Even if it's just sweeping floors, you'll be able to watch, ask questions, and learn.

Ask your questions on forums like this. Most of the replies will be helpful, and hopefully some of the old timers will help you get past the BS answers sometimes posted.

Where to start?

Although I admire your enthusiasm, I regret to say that you will not be able to go far in this unless you have good understanding of theories. There are a number of things to learn, and a diploma or a degree will be the best thing to persue alongwith your hobby at pointed out by other persons.

Where to start?

Dear highschool student

I would say just start playing with the basic stuff. Get some book on the basics and look for some easy to build circuit on the net. Look for some 555 apps these are the ones i liked when i started.

We should encourage young people if they are interested in engineering and science. This because we will need them in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back