Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Hard Disk drive for Acer aspire 4920

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_ages

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello there,
What are the brands and models of a hard disk that can be used in acer aspire 4920? I have here its own HDD but it seems that when in use its disk are touching with each other. I've tried to google the compatible brands and model for it but it only gave me the capacity of that particular drive.
tnx for any help...=)

when in use its disk are touching with each other

This is unclear. Can you explain? Is there more than one partition?

I've heard that if you modify a Windows laptop machine just a little too much, it will suddenly get the idea that your copy of Windows is on an unlicensed computer. You might hit a startup snag that's hard to solve. Your custom Windows install disk may not install.

Do you know the brand and model hd that came with yours? Changing the capacity should be okay, but don't quote me.

yes sir, it is hitachi HTS541612J9SA00-(S1)....but it seems that there is no such brand and model available here in our area, another thing is that i've posted this question on other forums and one of the guy said that it is a sata kind of HDD and any 2.5" would fit on it, but why is it that when I enter the bios set-up the label on my HDD is not SATA but instead it is IDE?

---------- Post added at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

when I mentioned touching with each other I mean there's such noise in the HDD when the laptop is operating. It seems that the disks are colliding with each other.

Essentially, your HDD has crashed. Your drive interface is IDE and not SATA. So you want to get a 2.5" IDE Drive for your laptop..any brand should be ok.

Your model no. HTS541612J9SA00 turns up in an internet search as a SATA drive, not IDE.
You'll need to find out for sure if your drive bay is IDE or SATA.
Or maybe you can find a picture at a website which shows a connector matching yours.

Hitachi Travelstar

5K160

HTS541612J9SA00

- Hard drive

- 120 GB

- internal

- 2.5"

- SATA-150

- 5400 rpm

- buffer: 8 MB

Above description found at :

ww.amazon.com/Hitachi-Travelstar-5K160-HTS541612J9SA00-internal/dp/B000W9ODP2

Last edited:
You should be able to find the datasheet for your drive online. Download it and compare the data cable connections, there is quite a bit of difference between IDE and SATA. The SATA is fairly compact with fewer pins compared to the IDE which on a 2.5" takes up most of the drive's cable end.

Hi,
acer aspire 4920 laptop support support 2.5" -sata hard drive, 5400 RPM speed.
Hitachi, Toshiba, Samsung, Seagate,these models can match. normally it's comes with W.D-250 GB-5400RPM,8MB cache.
don't try to use 7200RPM speed,it make over heat & easy to spoil also lose your data..........8O

....=), I didn't know that the letter and number combination of hitachi HTS541612J9SA00 has an equivalent meaning to easily identify the specs of the hard disk.....now I know that my HDD is Sata drive....tnx everyone.

Hi,
your hard drive is Hitachi Sata 2.5" size-120GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache .you can use any 5400 Rpm 500 GB 2.5" Hard disk also.:-x

Status
Not open for further replies.