Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hand calculation equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxing

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

I am wondering in today's technology (65nm, 45nm). Are you still using the square law equation? how do you guys do the hand calculation?

parameters which were of no importance before have gained magnitude due to the reduction and hence a lot of parameters are to be considered and hence mostly softwares like SPICE are used to find the closest approximation to real values....

well, still the simulation is for verification. We have to have some formula which is relatively accurate for hand calculation as the start point...

well if the equation contains say some 10 variables then maybe hand calculation could be a solution suppose they contain 20 variables which are themselves nonlinear and are represented by equations then do you think it would be easy for us to solve....

Of course, that is not what I am looking for. The equation I am interested in is some thing bwt the really equation simulator is using and the traditional square law model, at the same time, can give the designer enough insight about the circuit.

it is pretty hard to get... the model libraries are sold at so high prices and do u think they would give the equation for free.... also the equation would be too complex.... maybe someone working in that line maybe able to get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.