Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hall Effect for Flow Measurment

Status
Not open for further replies.

badar shah

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Well guyz i am trying to make a flow meter or specifically how much fluid has been passed out of the pipe in the particular time. I am thinking to use a hall sensor for this. Is it the right sensor? and i do not want to buy any ready-made flow meter because they are rather industrial and bit complex and mostly come with the LCD already included. i want to make it from scratch with the hall sensor and other mechanical parts like a fan with two magnets mounted. Can you guyz help a bit by suggesting any other suitable option which you have used already successfully? Thanks in advance for sparing your time.

Dear badar shah
Hi
What do you want to do accurately? do you want to measure the current with a hall effect sensor? or you want to measure the current , but you don't know how? or you want to select the best way for current measuring?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Thanks for your response guyz.
Well i m trying to measure the total fluid passed from a particular point. Fluid is liquid, water may be.Well someone pushes the on button to open the valve and fluid starts to flow from it and then he presses a stop button. I want to measure how much water is being passed within that duration. And in some case, i want to make the total flow speed constant.

i have already googled it and the best sensor i found was a hall sensor. Now i want to know a bit about hall sensor and also is it the right solution to what i want to do?

What type of flow measurement principle you are thinking to use with this hall sensor.
Look examples in addressed sites .
-rotameter
-vane
-propeller or turbine
-something else ... what ?

Actually I am trying to measure the total water consumed from a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back