Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hall effect current sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smuel

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm looking at using a Honeywell LOHET 1 current sensor to measure currents up to 32A. As far as i can tell from the data available, it produces an output voltage that varies as the magnetic field varies within the gauss range...

I am no where near up to scratch with my physics, and I'm a bit confused as to what this actually means. In sensing AC current, will the output voltage be a proportional AC voltage, or will it be a DC voltage proportional to the RMS AC current being sensed?

I'm pretty sure it will be an AC voltage proportional to the AC current being sensed, but i thought i'd better double check with you guys before i go ahead and design my ADC input circuits..

Thanks a lot

Sam

The output voltage from these sensors will be a dc voltage of 6V (average value) with an AC component of +/-3V (max) around 6V ..
To make the output "AC" you will have to feed the output voltage through a capacitor ..

The output voltage from the device will increase linearly with the magnetic field until a +400 Gauss level is reached, at which point the nominal output voltage will be 9.0V. The output voltage at 0 Gauss is 6V ± 0.6V. At -400 Gauss, the nominal output voltage will be 3.0V.

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.