Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-bridge Question 12V dc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

devatu

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I need to make my 12V DC motor (Datasheet : **broken link removed**) so, that it can turn forward and backward.

I know that this is possible via an H-bridge, and I have a Motor controller with one on it available. The motor controlle is this one : http://www.voti.nl/dwarf/doc/DB021.pdf.

What do I need to do to let it turn forward and backward? I googled Hbridges many times, and soldered it in many ways, but still can't manage to get it working. Thanks in advance.

The datasheet for the L298 dual full bridge driver IC shows how to use it. Its maximum allowed peak output current is only 3A so the 12V motor with 30A peak current will seriously overload it and destroy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.