Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

h-bridge for steper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsibos22

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
h-bridge for steper motor[SOLVED]

Dear freaks,
I found this schematic from the internet (https://sv1hag.blogspot.gr/2012/05/stepper-motor.html)
and i want to drive a stepper motor with an avr. The circuit works maximum at 24 volt but i want to drive my stepper at 34-36 volt(at 24 volts the stepper needs 0.7 Amperes). I read the datasheets and the transistors can works at 40 volts can i drive the stepper at 34-36 volts? I think that i need to change r5,r6,r7,r8 resistors. If i use 1.5K resistors will be ok? I use lm7805 to drop down the voltage 24->5 volts for the avr.
Best regards,
Tsibos

Drive bipolar stepper motor TIP120.jpg
link image replaced with attached image of better resolution.
Avoid using images from external servers, attach them here.
alexan_e

Last edited by a moderator:

It would probably work with 1K or 1.5K resistors . Those resistors determine the base current of the darlingtons. At 36 volts, that would be about 35 mA, which is well within spec of the TIP126, TIP120.

Thanks for your answer!!! could you please explain me how you calculate 35mA? Because that was my problem.

Assume the following: you have 36 volt supply; the saturation voltage of Q5 is 0, the Vbe drop of a darlington is about 1.2 V, the Vbe of Q2 is .6V. Thus, the voltage across R5 is:

36-1.2-.6=34.2V

and the current is 34.2/1K=34.2mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back