Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] H Bridge driving a wiper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

showmesomeluv

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I am working on a project that will drive the wiper motor at 12v / 2 amps.
And i recently found out about the H bridge application which i needed when driving the motor bidirectional.
I need help on what to use (schematics / Ic) H bridge that can output a 12v / 2 amps

I already tested the motor with 2 amps, and it is working fine.

Use L293D IC for driving the motor.

Reactions: Dont

Dont

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Factors to decide:

* whether to use mosfets or transistors. Transistors are robust and not as easily damaged by high voltage spikes (which are likely from a 2A motor).

* whether to use N or P devices for high-side switching. A P-device has its bias referenced to the positive supply, making it easier to turn on.

An N-device will need more than 12V to turn it on at the high side.

* For low-side switching, if it were me building it I would reach in my junk box for 2N3055 (TO-3 package). It will easily handle 2 Amperes at 12V. I use 2N3055 in my homemade power supply which provides up to 3.5A due to heat-sinking to the steel housing.

* For low-side switching, if it were me building it I would reach in my junk box for 2N3055 (TO-3 package).

Ok, I will start constructing my schematic with these transistors.

Thanks for the info guys! really appreciated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back