Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H bridge boost converter battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanan

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi can any body help me about h bridge boost converter battery charger technology that used in sinewave ups

Why kind of help do you need?

When you say Sinewave UPS, I believe you mean AC.
H-bridge when pumped by AC input is like a bridge rectifier. The reason for this is to make it 'Transformerless', so the charger can be small, lightweight and cheaper to mass produce.
The boost converter part of the battery charger is still the same in principle of typical boost converter.
Sometimes, this kind of charger is more commonly called Transformerless adapter or battery charger.

the transformer used for sinewave ups in case of 12v battery the transformer winding is 8v. I want to know how it charger the battery. how H bridge boost the voltage. what sequence of pulses is given to the mosfet gates.

here is a pdf file useful, the only diff is this one use an extra coil

Attachments

• Battery_Charger_with_PFC.pdf
    500.2 KB · Views: 222

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back