Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gyroscope for high rotation (4000 DPS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsnayak

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am searching for Gyros for detecting high rotations, for example 4000 DPS.
If not !!

I found ITG3701 IC can give result upto 4000 DPS.

**broken link removed** ... nc/517099/

I am looking for a break out board for ITG3701 : I found the following products available in market. Can anyone suggest which is compatible with arduino and very good for detection.

**broken link removed** ... rod_search

**broken link removed** ... ion-board/

can anyone tell if any of the boards supports arduino? Any better options for a break out board!

At the higher range of the rotational rates specified, you may experience some design issues in regards to the g-forces your device could be subjected.

Have you taken this critical design parameter into consideration?

Can you elaborate on the design aspects and criteria, specifically the maximum distance from any possible axis of rotation your device is to be located?

Without knowing the specifics of your design and its intended environment, only considering the level of g-forces possible, a breakout board (BOB) may not be a viable option to adequately test your design.

BigDog

Thank you very much for your reply. I am trying to detect the speed and still stand position of a automobile with putting the gyro on its wheel. It is expected to driVe with a max velocity of 160 kph. I want to put the gyros near to the centre so that g-force will be minimum. With my calculation due to higher rotational acceleration , it can experience till 3000+ DPS rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

The maximum g forces will be 160g( acceleration )

Can you define "near to center" as a unit of distance?

Also, can you elaborate on the type of Arduino you intend on using in your design? And the method of interconnecting these devices?

BigDog

Please note:

Reference: ITG-3701 Datasheet, Section: 3.6 Absolute Maximum Ratings, Page: 11
ITG-3701AMR.JPG

A few other issues, but not the only issues, which must be consider are PCB deformation and solder joint integrity.

In your particular case, not only are g-forces resulting from rotation rates an issue, accelerations due to vibrational forces need be considered when calculating maximal g-force exposure.

BigDog

I have not yet calculated the exact position. If the wheel is 60 cm of radius, i want to put it in the 10 cm distance from centre. I am intending to use Arduino Mega. Apart from this gyroscope, i am using ADXL 377, ADXL 337 as well.
I would first design a prototype to test some rotational motion, distance travelled, velocity, standstill position etc.

More imporatnt task involve with filtering, fusioning etc..

- - - Updated - - -

But i am looking for a break out board which will work for this purpose for initial post, if this work, later i can design a PCB with required shock capacity, wiring configurations. I am at the starting point.

But, i am unable to decide which would be the good breakout board for me to start with. ofcourse i would not be able to test 160 KMPH but may be a rotational speed of 40/50 KMPH i would like to test at first.

I have not yet calculated the exact position. If the wheel is 60 cm of radius, i want to put it in the 10 cm distance from centre.

At 600 RPM and 10cm from the major axis of rotation, the device will be subjected to approximately 40+ g's from rotation alone.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back