Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

guitar effect ( wah pedal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sec

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wah pedal schematic

Can anyone help me, i'd like to build my own wah-wah pedal. Basically it's a bandpass filter and the mid-frenquency change to activate the effect.

the frequancy range of a guitar is 80Hz to 1,2kHz

where can I found bandpass filter schema ?
does it get a better sound with an op-amp or a transistor?

thank you

wah wah pedal schematic

Is the filter build the same way in RF circuit and in audio circuit ?
And does it get a better noise reduction with a passive filter or with an op-amp active filter ?

make my own guitar pedal

The filter configuration described in the site you mentioned is used in narrow-band applications ..

If you need 80Hz to 1200Hz bandpass filter you should look at cascading a 1200Hz low-pass filter (LPF) and 80Hz high-pass filter (HPF) - or the opposite way around HPF and LPF.. see picture below ..
To make it workung correctly you will need an input buffer (voltage follower) and all this can be done with one IC (LM324, for example) which has 4 opamps in single package ..
Here is info on LPFs:
http://www.ecircuitcenter.com/Circuits/opsalkey1/opsalkey1.htm
and here on HPLs:
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ZC4M-HGC/utils/hpf2nd.html

Regards,
IanP

oamp wah schematic

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/wahpedl/wahped.htm

that's what I wanna do, a filter that oscillate. but with op-amp. high pass and low pass cut frequency but i juste want to attenuate or accentuate.

Am I in the good way

here is what I put on my breadboard

fisrt a pre-amp then the follower, and in parallel with the high pass, the low pass filter. and finally a comparator because I don't wanna cut all of the low or high signal

wah-wah shema effect

well my testings told me that the circuit up there is not quite correct. But the next generation works !! I made a lowpass filter, Chebychev style, with a cut off frequency of 1 kHz with a o.5 gain ...

thank IanP for your help

P.S. If anyone want help to make a wah pedal, contact me at cedric_somers@sympatico.ca i'll show you my project or give you aid.
It is a very intresting project ... see and work with different kind of filter

wah pedal with ic

this circuit is not quite correct I work on it and i've found what's wrong ... it work but it's not fun to play with the effect. I'll show you my new generation

wah pedal op-amp circuit

go to aaron stompbox site or check muzique.com there are also lots of links and more than just wah pedals!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back