Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guide me to select a right transceiver …

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojvalan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
As a part of my project I need to send a field data (Ex: pressure) to control room which is almost 1KM away. I feel I can go for wireless solution. And I do googling find out CC1110 a RF transceiver with 8051.
But I have few questions whether using this chip can I transmit data to >1KM. Please provide your comment and guide me to select a right transceiver …

//Manoj

Hi,
Can you please elaborate as in what is the environment, Are you using any amplifier at transmit side, what kind of receiver are you using etc. in short you can do a quick link budget estimation that will help you a lot. As these ICs are meant for short distances like some 100 m or so. But if your application is static than they can be made to work for large distances also.

-Ankesh Garg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back