Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

guide me in my 1st microcontroller project!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chop_song

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
p89v51 microcontroller architecture

can anyone help me in my 1st microcontroller project???

Ill be using a ATMEGA8535...its an AVR architecture....

my questions are:

1. What programs, or compilers I will prepare???
2. How to interface a SD card to my microcontroller???
3. Some microcontroller fanatics discourage us to use this MCU since it cant cater the needs for SD card....what Shall we do now??? Is there any remeedy??? we already bought the microcontroller (we ordered it abroad)....
4. Is there anyone illing to help me????

I have no experience with avr chip, but I think you could get more info if you search the avrfreaks.net forum. You could start with WinAVR as your compiler/IDE combo.
BasCom seems to be popular too. https://avrhelp.mcselec.com/index.html

chop_song said:

my questions are:

3. Some microcontroller fanatics discourage us to use this MCU since it cant cater the needs for SD card....what Shall we do now??? Is there any remeedy??? we already bought the microcontroller (we ordered it abroad)....

I think AVRStudio is a great IDE.

avrfreaks.net is a good place for you. It is a great site!!

With AVR studio you can cpmpile AVR in ASSEMBLY and can also see the simulation of the internal working of AVR i.e you can see the registers being loaded , your SRAM requirements etc etc.

But if you want to compile AVR in c , i would prefer WinAVR which is a freeware

need help on Philips p89V51 micro controller

chop_song said:

my questions are:

Avrstudio is by far the very best and its free!

chop_song said:
If this is your first project, should you really be starting a very complicated one like this?

If you google the above, you will find what you are looking for.

chop_song said:

ANY atmega (or any AVR for that matter) is capable of doing the job. Its all in the code. You will need to run the micro controller at 3V, so the avr MUST be capable of running at 3V. Check the data sheet. If you have an atmega8535L, it is capable of running from 2.7V to 5.5V.

A hardware SPI is easier, but if the device you have does not have the hardware SPI, it can EASILY be done with software. The atmega8535 DOES have a hardware SPI.

chop_song said:

There are lots of people willing to help, but you have to at least try. Post details and code of what you have done so far. I don't think anyone is going to do it all for you.

My advice to you would be to buy a development kit. If this is your first project (its a complicated one) you have a lot to learn.
This one:
hxxp://www.futurlec.com/Mini_SC.shtml
is only $6.90! and it comes with software CD!

You can't beat that, and you will have all of the code to test with. You will also not have to worry about whether or not you hardware is working properly which to me is worth th $6.90!

Good Luck

1. Check AVR Website
2. Check Google.com
3. Check AVR Forums

Or if you need help here, just click the search button regarding AVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.